If you need a fun group game that will break the ice and get the group cheering, then the Hot and Cold game is your perfect option. It is a simple and funny game that will fill the room with laughs and chuckles.
This could be the kind of game that will make you laugh to tears!
So, follow on and know how to play the game.
Features of Hot and Cold Game
|★ Game Name||Hot and Cold|
|★ Group size||any|
|★ Place||indoor and outdoor|
|★ Time||up to 10 – 15 min|
Aim of the game:
This game is meant to be an icebreaker. It is an interactive game that will get everyone in the group playing, laughing, and cheering.
In brief, one volunteer will be chosen. Then, the whole group will decide on one action that the volunteer needs to figure out without speaking a word. If they figured out the action they would win. If not, they lose.
Group Size and Age
This game can be enjoyable for people of all ages. However, the ideal age to play should be above twelve years old.
You can play the game with a group of three people but it is best played with groups of more than six people.
Extra-large groups can be divided into teams, and whoever figures out the action first makes his team win.
Preparation and Materials
You do not need any special materials to play this game. The whole group can hop in and start playing right away!
However, you can use any object around you to try to figure out the action, if needed.
Remember to remove any sharp or unsafe objects around before playing to avoid someone stepping on them accidentally.
How to Play Hot and Cold Game
- Once the whole group has gathered, one person should volunteer to come out and perform an action. Or, you can choose someone to do it too.
- After the player is chosen, he or she should get out of the room. Meanwhile, the group should decide upon an action that the player needs to figure out. No one can speak a word.
- The player will then come into the room and start performing random actions. The group will instruct the player towards the right action through cheering and booing.
- If the player comes closer to the action, the group will cheer (hot) and when the player is going farther away from the action, the group will boo at him/her (cold).
For example, if the group has decided that the action is to “run”, the player has to perform that action without them speaking or giving gestures.
- If they start “walking” the group will start cheering because it is close to the action.
- If they start “jumping” the group will start booing because this is not close to the action.
Once the mystery action is guessed right, the game is over and the player wins.
Remember to moderate the game and make sure the action is safe and appropriate, especially if children are playing.
Final Thoughts From Us
Group games are always fun to play and a good way to bring people back together.
Follow our guide on how to play Hot and Cold and keep the laughs rolling!