Finding the ideal group game to include in a party or room may be a difficult task. Aside from getting the game right, you’ll also want to ensure it’s something everyone could do and still have fun at it.
Then look no further than The Alphabet Back Game that’s ideal to have everyone know each other in groups and still bring on tons of laughter.
Features of Alphabet Back Game
|★ Game Name||Alphabet Back|
|★ Group size||small and medium|
|★ Place||indoor and outdoor|
|★ Time||up to 15 – 30 min|
|★ Materials||paper, pen and watch|
The Aim of The Alphabet Back Game
The goal of playing The Alphabet Back Game is to find the team that can guess the most alphabets together.
You can decide the time and number of points needed to win the game, making it a versatile game to play when in groups.
Age and Ideal group sizes for the Alphabet Back Game
The Alphabet Back Game is best played with groups of 4 to 10 people. Larger groups are fine, although you’ll want to ensure you have an even number of players so you can split everyone into pairs.
This game is best played by anyone ages 6 and up, or as long as your players know their ABCs.
Preparation and Materials
All you’ll need to prepare for The Alphabet Back Game are:
- Closed tip pens
- Some paper
- A watch or phone to keep time
How to play The Alphabet Back Game?
To begin playing The Alphabet Back Game, you’ll first need to separate all your players in pairs. If you want to make the game an icebreaker game, it would be best to randomly place everyone together instead of allowing them to select their partners. This would help break the ice among the group, allowing for more fun and laughter in the room.
- Evenly distribute pens and papers to every pair.
- Ask for 1 volunteer from every pair and tell them the secret alphabet.
- Have the volunteer return and face the back of their team member. They are not allowed to speak, hint, or act out the alphabet at all. Set a timer for a minute – or more if necessary.
- When you say go, the volunteer must then trace the alphabet they’ve been told on the backs of their team member. Their partner must now guess the alphabet that is being traced. The first pair to get the right alphabet gets a point.
- Switch the volunteers between the two, so they both get an opportunity to trace and guess.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until any of the pairs receives 10 points. The first pair to get 10 points wins the game.
Switch it up: Different ways to play The Alphabet Back Game
The Alphabet Back Game is a simple game to play in any group. If you’d like to switch it up for even more fun with separate groups, here are some quick ideas on how to do it:
- The Word Back Game: Instead of having your pairs guess a single alphabet, why not have them guess a word instead? This is ideal if you’re playing with teams aged 10 and above.
- The Drawing Back Game: If you’d like to add a tougher layer to this game, you could have your pairs draw something on their partner’s back instead. Do be sure to keep the word simple, and the first pair to guess the secret item being drawn wins!