Rapid Spaghetti is a great group game for any social event. It can be a fun game for parties or improving team-building skills.
The game originated on the TV show “Minute To Win It” and has been a popular game at social events ever since.
Features of the Rapid Spaghetti Game
|★ Game Name||Rapid Spaghetti|
|★ Group size||any|
|★ Age||any (8+)|
|★ Time||up to 5 – 15 min|
|★ Materials||Empty soda cans and dry spaghetti noodles|
The Aim of Game
Without using your hands, each team must move 3 empty soda cans from one table to another by stringing spaghetti through the tab. The cans must be arranged in a pyramid that stands for at least 3 seconds or they lose.
Group Size and Ages
Rapid Spaghetti is ideal for anyone aged 8 and above. Although younger children should play under adult supervision to avoid getting hurt.
In order to play this game, you must have 2 teams. Since it is a group game, Rapid Spaghetti works best when groups split into either 1-8, 9-16, 17-30, or more than 31 teams. Each team will have 2 players on it.
Preparation and Materials
You will need one package of dry spaghetti noodles, a minimum of 6 empty soda cans, and two tables or other hard surfaces to place the cans on. This game is best played when indoors, so you will need to have enough space cleared for everyone to move around safely.
How to Play the Rapid Spaghetti Game
1. Split the group up into teams of 2 people. When it’s each team’s turn to play, they will have their two players standing across the table from each other.
2. Start the timer!
3. The first player will grab a piece of spaghetti and put one end in their mouth. You must remember, this is the only time in which a player is allowed to touch the dry noodle with their hands. After this step, they can only use their mouth (except for when they pick up the spaghetti noodle for the next 2 rounds).
4. This same player will now need to thread the noodle through the tab of the soda can, using only their mouth.
5. The second player will then grab the other end of the spaghetti noodle with their mouth once it comes through the tab.
6. Now that each team member has an end of the noodle in their mouth they need to work together to bring that soda can to the other table.
7. Once the players get to the opposite table they need to place the can down in the same fashion it was picked up.
8. The team will then need to repeat steps 3 – 7 to complete the game.
9. When the team brings over the third soda can they need to make sure the cans are stacked in the shape of a pyramid.
10. The pyramid must be standing for at least 3 seconds.
11. One trick to all of this though: Each team only has 60 seconds to complete their round!
Since Rapid Spaghetti is a game from “Minute To Win It” it can be included as an event for “Minute To Win It” themed game parties.
If you find that the regular version isn’t competitive enough, you can kick up your game night by a notch and play Rapid Spaghetti as a relay event.
This game also goes by the name “Ready Spaghetti”.