If you’re thinking of a creative way to break the ice, begin with this fun and collaborative group game called, “Picture Whispers game.” Amazingly, it has the qualities of Pictionary and the Telephone game rolled into one.
This game will surely reveal a lot of interesting talents, from drawing a picture like an art to guessing a word based on the masterpiece. Create unforgettable and funny memories with your peers, friends, and family!
Features of Picture Whispers Game
|★ Game Name
|Picture Whispers game
|★ Group size
|small to medium
|teens and adults
|indoor and outdoor
|up to 5 – 15 min
|notebook and pen
Aim of The Game
The aim of the game is for the team of players to alternately draw a picture based on a word and guess the word based on the drawings page by page on their notebooks.
At the end of the game, the players will reveal their notebooks and see how an original word is interpreted into different pieces of art, and if the team could have guessed the word right!
Group Size and Age
This game will need at least four players. If you have more time, you can add as many members as you want, taking note that the game also gets longer.
Although it will be super fun for younger children to watch, they may find it difficult to play. The game works better when it is played by people over the age of 10.
Preparation and Materials
To play the Picture Whispers game, you will need the following:
- Drawing book or notebooks
- Pen or pencil
- Bookmark (optional)
How to Play Picture Whispers game:
- All the players will be owning a notebook and a pen.
- Each player will think of any word, which can either be a person, a thing, a place, or a phrase, like a title of a book or a movie. The player can make it either easy or difficult for the whole team to guess and draw. Take note, the more challenging the word is, the more fun the game will be.
- Each player will write a word, “airplane” for example, on the first page of the notebook, while making sure that no one else sees it.
- At the count of three, each player will pass his notebook to the other player on the left. The players will then read the word written, turn to the next page of the notebook, and interpret by drawing it.
- The players must make sure that in each pass, no one will see the previous page where the exact word is written!
- Next, the players will proceed passing their notebooks to the left after three counts. The next player who receives the drawing will take a guess and then turn to another page to write his interpretation.
- Based on the example, the drawing should look like an airplane, but it might hilariously appear something else like a “bird”. He will then write his guess on that page and then passes it to the player on his left.
- The next player who receives the notebook will then interpret the word written and draw it on another page. The drawing and writing go on in a clockwise direction until the notebook returns to the owner.
Each player will reveal their notebook to the group page by page to see how the sequence of drawing and guessing goes.
This game is not only a source of laughter but also, a learning point for the group. It underscores the value of communication and collaborative effort within the team.