Mine Field is a challenging group game that improves a player’s team-building skills while also sharpening their memory.
It’s a fun way to get the whole grouped involved and encourages everybody to stay active. If you pay attention, you could be the winner!
Features of the Mine Field Game
|★ Game Name||Mine Field|
|★ Group size||small and medium|
|★ Age||any (8+)|
|★ Place||outdoor or indoor (gym)|
|★ Time||up to 5 – 15 min|
The Aim of Game
There will be a set of landmines set up on the ground in front of the players. One player will be the leader, while the rest are the players. The leader will plan out a set pattern on the land mines that the players must step on in order to make it across the mine field. The first player to make it to the finish line by stepping on the right land mine wins.
Group Size and Age
This game is for people of all ages since everyone’s concentration can use improvement. Since it is a group game it is best played when the group has 3 – 8 people.
If you have an extra-large group, such as a classroom, have a few volunteers play while the rest watch. They can take turns so everybody has a fun time. If the group is too large then there is a good chance that not everyone will get a chance to play.
Preparation and Materials
This game is best played in a clear area with a lot of space. Most players prefer an outdoor game. However, it can be played indoors as well.
You will also need to make some land mines. Your land mines need to be objects that the players are able to step on. They can’t all look the same either or else the leader may forget their pattern.
An affordable way to make your own land mines is to cut out circles of different colored construction paper, bristol board, or you can download and print it here.
How to Play the Mine Field Game
- Before the players are ready, the leader will need to layout the land mines on the list or mentally plan the direction that the players need to take to get to the finish line.
- Have one land mine set off of the field as a marker. The players will line up behind that marker.
- Each player will go one at a time. They will step from the marker to one of the landmines on the row in front of them.
- If that player stepped on the correct land mine they will get to continue. If they stepped on one of the wrong land mines the leader will send them to the back of the line.
- When a player moves from one land mine to the next they may step forward, sideways, or diagonally to one of the land mines directly beside them. If they skip over a land mine then they will go to the back of the line.
- It is important for the players to pay attention to which land mines are safe to step on for when it’s their turn to attempt to cross the field.
- Once one player successfully makes it to the end of the mine field they win the game.