Guess the Secret Word Game is a simple way to build a fun and blissful atmosphere in a group or a class. This auditory game allows creative thinking and helps improve listening skills as well.
The Guess the Secret Word game is easy to learn and quick to play, with a compact size perfect for camping and travel. It is also amazing to play in language classrooms; it is fantastic for learning new words as it tests memory and vocabulary at the same time.
It can also work as the perfect icebreaker to get the conversation flowing and let everyone talk about random topics.
Features of the Guess the Secret Word Game
|★ Game Name||Guess the Secret Word|
|★ Group size||small and medium|
|★ Age||any (8+)|
|★ Skill||memory / erudition|
|★ Place||outdoor or indoor|
|★ Time||up to 5 – 15 min|
Aim of the Game
The aim of the game is to figure out the Secret word by telling some words associated with that.
Group Size and Age
Guess the Secret Word Game is perfect for people of all ages. Both kids and adults can enjoy it and have a great time with it.
This game is a great way to help children practice using their existing vocabulary and to learn new words, as they may encounter words that they have not heard before.
It is best to play the Guess the Secret Word game in a group of 2 to 10 players. If you have larger groups, it can be hard to involve all players into the game.
Preparation and Materials
The great thing about this game is that you do not need any special materials to play it. The whole group can start playing right away!
How to Play Guess the Secret Word Game
- Have all group members sit in a small circle. The game will go in a clockwise motion, with players taking their turns to say associated words.
- Nominate one player to start. This player will need to think of any secret word. (For example, let’s say the secret word is “Car”). Don’t tell this word to anyone.
- Next, the player sitting to their left has to say any one word that can help the players to guess the secret
- The player who guessed the secret word should tell whether that word is related to the secret word or not.
- The play then passes around the circle with each player saying a word related or not related to the secret word until somebody can guess it.
An example of Guess the Secret Word game could be:
The Secret word – “Chicken”
- The first player says – Electric.
- The second player says – Heavy.
- The third player says – Yellow.
- The fourth player says – Small.
- The fifth player says – Lemon.
- Related (because chicken and lemon are yellow)