When you have a crush on someone, you can’t help but feel nervous talking to them. Starting a conversation with your crush can be nerve-racking, but if you want things to move forward it’s a must!
Choosing the right questions to ask your crush is difficult as first impressions are everything. You want to impress them so that they start to develop feelings for you. It is up to you what sort of questions that you ask – deep and meaningful, cute questions, or flirty questions – but even when you have decided which way you are going to approach your crush, thinking up exact questions can be challenging.
To help you out, here are some questions that you can ask your crush to get the conversation flowing and romance in the air.
50 Icebreaker Questions to Ask Your Crush
If you want to break the ice with your crush and spark up a conversation for the first time, here are some questions you can try to get to know a little more about them and break that awkward silence.
After all, talking to someone, especially if it is for the first time, can be really difficult because we usually do not know much about this person. Luckily, these questions are perfect to keep the dialogue going.
|A piece of advice: According to multiple studies, people like people who ask questions, particularly follow-up questions.
However, DO NOT ask question after question and then be confused if someone is not feeling it.
The purpose of ice breakers is to invite someone to join a conversation, not an interrogation! Just keep it light and listen, always remember to listen!
- What sports do you play?
- What is your favorite television show?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book?
- What type of music do you like listening to?
- Are you a good dancer?
- Which genre of dance do you prefer?
- Who is your favorite Hollywood actor? Actress?
- If you could invite anyone in the world as a guest, whom would you like to have?
- Who is your hero?
- What are you scared of the most?
- What is/was your favorite subject at school/college?
- If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
- What is your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What’s your favorite day of the week? Why?
- Do you like to cook?
- Do you like to drive a car?
- Do you prefer comfort or speed while driving a car?
- Do you like to walk?
- Where would your ideal vacation be?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
- Do you have any brothers and sisters?
- What is your favorite time of the year? Why?
- Who is your favorite teacher at school/college?
- Who knows you best out of all your friends?
- How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- Would you like to be famous? If so, in what way?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is your favorite flower?
- What do you want to have a career in?
- Who is your best friend?
- Would you prefer to read a book or watch a movie?
- What is the name of the last book you read?
- Are you afraid of heights?
- Can you play an instrument?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What do you do when you can’t sleep?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- How would you spend your money if you won the lottery?
- What is your favorite place that you have visited?
- What countries have you visited?
- What is your favorite holiday/celebration day and why?
- Do you have a nickname?
- Winning the lottery or true Love?
- What would you do extra if there were 25 hours in a day?
- How should a perfect weekend start?
50 Deep and Meaningful Questions to Ask Your Crush
Deep and meaningful questions are best to ask once you already know your crush quite well and have finished with all the boring small talk.
These questions have got to be exciting and a little bit stimulating. They are universally able to be used in any form of communication.
So, these questions are when you really find out the juicy bits about your special person and get connected on a deeper level.
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you couldn’t stop?
- What kind of humor do you like best? (dark, sarcasm, parodic, anecdotal, etc.)
- Things you think you and I have in common?
- How do you see yourself in five years’ time?
- Do you prefer living in the countryside or in a big city?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite dream?
- What is the craziest thing you would like to try?
- Were you a good boy/girl or bad boy/girl at school/college?
- Do you have many friends?
- Do you think it is possible to have many friends?
- Is it true that even if we have a lot of friends, we only have a few real friends?
- What is the main quality you think makes a good friend?
- what is the main quality you would be seeking for in a person?
- What’s the hardest decision you’ve ever made?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- Do you believe in omens? Why?
- When you’re feeling sad, what makes you feel happy?
- What do you do when you’re sad?
- Have you spent much time abroad? If so, where?
- Is there anything you have dreamed of doing for a long time? If so, why you haven’t done it?
- Are you an owl or a lark?
- Are you easily offended?
- What personality trait of yours is your favorite?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What would you like to change in your life?
- What could you never forgive?
- What are you proud of at the moment?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What is the best thing about your life right now?
- What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?
- If you could change something in your past, what would it be?
- Do other people influence your decisions?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What should everyone try at least once?
- What is your spirit animal?
- Have you ever broken someone else’s heart before?
- In your opinion, where is the most beautiful place in the world?
- If you could take a 2-week vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Which parent are you closest to?
- Why do you think suffering is important?
- What inspires you most in life?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What are the top three things you want to do before you die?
- What is the main priority in your life right now?
- What is your biggest regret?
- What was the reason your last relationship ended?
- What’s the most important thing in a relationship?
- What does happiness mean to you?
50 Flirty Questions to Ask Your Crush
While getting to know who your crush is deep down is essential, you also need to keep things light, fun, and flirty! A romantic connection relies on flirting to keep the spark going.
Here are our top flirty questions that you can ask your crush.
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- What do you hate about dating the most?
- What is the best date you have ever been on?
- What is the most ridiculous date you have been on?
- What’s the weirdest compliment you’ve ever received?
- Do you believe in destiny?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- If you give me the pet name? What would it be?
- Do you thank that a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach?
- Are you a jealous person?
- Can a guy and a girl be friends without falling in love?
- How would you describe me in 3 words?
- Can you keep a secret?
- What do you think when you look at me?
- What was the first thought you had when you first saw me?
- Can you see us being in a relationship in the future?
- Do you want to go to dinner together soon?
- Did you miss me when I wasn’t there?
- What is your favorite thing about my body?
- If you could describe me using three words, what words would you choose?
- What is your biggest turn off?
- What would you do if you became a boy/girl for a day?
- Do you maintain friendships with an ex?
- What are your plans today/tomorrow, etc.? Do you want to go on a date together?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- An endless supply of money or eternal love?
- What do you find most attractive in a boy or girl?
- If you could marry a fictional character, who would it be?
- What is the one quality you appreciate the most in a person?
- How many girlfriends or boyfriends have you had before?
- What do you think about open relationships?
- What do you think is my most attractive feature?
- What did you think when you first saw me?
- Do you ever get shy around me?
- Do you sleep in pajamas, underwear, or nothing at all?
- Who was your first crush? How old were you?
- How are you so funny?
- Are you a ticklish person?
- If you could choose a celebrity to date, who would you pick?
- How are you so good looking?
- What age were you when you had your first kiss?
- Can you describe your first kiss?
- How can you be single when you’re that attractive?
- Do you prefer to date people who are smart or funny?
- Would you rather be called sexy or smart?
- What is love for you?
- What is the most romantic date idea for you?
- What makes you feel loved?
- In your opinion, when do we become a girlfriend and a boyfriend?
- If I was an ice cream, how would you eat me?
These questions should give you plenty of ideas of fun, flirty, or deep conversation starters to use on your crush. It is a fun and easy way to get to know someone rather than trying to figure out answers as you go.
Get your relationship moving and find more about the girl or guy you’re into. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, people like it! You never know, they might be into you too!